Sunday 19 February 2012

Character designs for James the Elephant

One of the projects I'm helping out on for the Assistant Animator brief is James the Elephant, a project led and conceived by Nathan Greensmith and Oliver Whiteley.
Last meeting we were all asked to come up with some design ideas for their characters that could be taken on further next meeting, this is what I've roughed so far...
As stated, this is just a rough and I'll neaten up a few of these before next meeting. Even so, I quite like the simplicity and goofy-friendlyness of James's design and the fat aardvark at the bottom (cheers Hannah for that suggestion). In the story the aardvark is an insurance salesman and sits alongside a scrawny vulture so the fat and thin designs should compliment each other quite nicely. The alternative idea was to have it wear it's tie very tightly as the vulture wears his very loosely around a kink in his neck.

I still need to work on the vulture and kiwi policemen, though I do like the scruffy look vulture with a backwards helmet covering it's head. The kiwi was meant to be mean looking and I think the top right kiwi is best for this.

No comments:

Post a Comment